Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > 2011 KIA Optima TPMS sensor registratio...
2011 KIA Optima TPMS sensor registration error

2231 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-03-16 09:25:08

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-03-12 04:19:53
       I'm fairly new to registering TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors) .After rotating tires on a 2011 KIA Optima I  retrieved  the 4 sensor IDs #s with my TS 401 from the 4 positions on the car . I then using  DS 708 (KIA Version 9 )went into the TPMS special functions to edit the tire sensor IDs to their new respective positions on the vehicle The sensors listed  1, 2, 3,and 4( not LF, RF,RR,, LR)  and each have an 8 digit alpha numeric code. I assume numbered by the same position order you retrieve the tire sensor IDs with the TPMS tool , the LF  sensor should be sensor 1 ,RF  be sensor 2, RR be sensor 3, and LR be sensor 4.
      If doing a tire rotation I don't want to be punching in 8 numbers for each position.Why can't you just edit and reassign the single digit sensor number position  to the corresponding existing 8 digit alpha numeric ID number ?
     I followed directions typing in the requested 8 digit ID in the sensor 1 position and the Function failed displaying an error box  reading Mask Error : Mask is out of Cluster. What does that error mean? Anyone have issues with DS 708  KIA TPMS sensor registration , or is it not possible to reassign sensor 1 ID to sensor 4 and vise a versa with KIA? 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-03-16 09:25:08 (Reply to:witsend)

Hello, maybe you need to enter "0D2204D1" instead (number 0, not letter O).

Btw, in new version, we will use "Front left","Front Right", etc. to replace sensor 1, 2, 3, 4.

Total1 Pages